Saturday, March 29, 2014

Splat!

Splat!     Oil on Linen    10 x 10      $225

Did you know that certain chickens lay green eggs? I didn't until my friend Diane gave me one of her brother's chickens eggs. I was so intrigued I decided to set it up for a small Egg Tempera. I have a glass perfume bottle that has ruffles and ridges and I thought this egg would look great mounted atop this filigreed bottle. Of course just as I was reaching for the camera the whole thing was knocked over and went splat on the floor under the table. Between my cursing and trying to get the cat away, and then getting enough light to take a picture, the egg just slowly started to spread. I never did get a great photo of it, but enough to paint this little painting, which was great fun to do.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for the comment!
      Blogs are great. I'm glad you went this way. I am sure you will get more out of it than a website.

      Delete