Monday, March 30, 2015

Painting For Fun


The photos show the first ever "Painting for Fun" workshop which was Sunday, March 29th, from 1:00 - 4:00. Coffee, tea and cookies were served with the artwork and paint!

Friends, and friends of friends came to my studio for an afternoon of painting. I spent a great deal of time and energy coming up with various designs, most of which I got from some very nice coloring books published by Dover. The outline drawings were enlarged and then I transferred them to either a piece of lightweight canvas, or a painting panel. Everyone got a small colored version of the artwork and they painted it in acrylic paint. I didn't know what to expect but it turned out to be very much fun, and everyone had a good time.

I can comfortably fit in 8 people and so far I have 3 signed up for the next workshop which will be at the end of April. I am working on a website for the Painting For Fun Sundays and will have many themes and ideas that people can select to paint. We had some beautiful flower designs, some geometric abstracts, angels, and a lighthouse that will be the first of many, using my own designs that I made many years ago.














No comments:

Post a Comment