Saturday, March 23, 2013

"Awe" 3-23-13


Life revved up since the Holidays and I have neglected my painting in hopes that I would get caught up in other departments of my life. Nothing has been caught up, and my painting has patiently waited for me to come back since I last posted. I worked on it a few times, for short bursts, since the last photo, but for the past few days I have put in about 7 hours of work on it. You probably won't notice the changes in my small photo, but I am making corrections, adding another layer of paint and generally adding here and there to what is all ready there. I hope I have changed the perspective problem of the table flipping up...and I am trying to get the values of those white edges of the flowers right, so they don't assault your eyes. The violin had some drawing problems in it, and I am struggling to make it the right color while bringing it to your attention visually. It blends into the cloth and the table and background too much, but painting it a higher value makes it look sick.

Such are the problems of a fine artist at work. I hope to have more time in the near future, as I'm not going to be teaching as much this summer and will gain another day of freedom from the grind.


No comments:

Post a Comment