Friday, November 29, 2013

Miss Puss and the Gladiolas


Miss Puss and the Gladiolas        18 x 24         Oil       $695

Miss Puss has a mind of her own. I tried to get her to pose upright and looking inquisitively at the Glads, but she had other ideas. She insisted on this strange lying down pose and when I propped her up she got a sour puss on her face and glared at me. I'd look away and fiddle with my camera setting and there she was, lying down looking at me with that odd look, as if to say, "You have made me very tired, posing for all these paintings!" I have quite a lot of photos of her and only one or two with her sitting upright. It is quite mystical, this cat of mine, who seems to know when she is required to go to work and gets up on my work table ready to pose whenever the camera comes out, or I bring flowers into the house. This is number 7 in the series of 8 paintings. I said awhile back that I was going to do 4, but I couldn't resist doing more. I have run out of "safe" flowers as so many of them seem to be toxic to cats. Anyway, one more to go and I am going to be starting it very soon, if not today.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment