Sunday, June 24, 2012

Tropical Storm Debby

For those of you who have been to my house you know that I have waterfront property at times. Since the area drainage was improved about 5 years ago our little retention pond drains really fast, but today it wasn't fast enough for me, and as I write this at 8:00pm on Sunday night I wonder if my house will float away. I'm not sure I want to be in it when that happenes either. I'm reluctant to leave...it will be a trauma for both me and Miss Puss.

The torrential rains stopped just enough to allow a slight reduction in the water, which is now about 10 feet from my foundation, and it is coming down in buckets again. It is supposed to do this for two days!

I am sorry this is such an awful photo out my studio window, but those white things are ibis feeding at the edge of the water. It is somewhat disconcerting, and this was several hours ago.

Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment